Welch Hornsby was founded in 1988 as a Registered Investment Advisor with the Securities and Exchange Commission. As a regional, independent and fee-only firm serving clients in over 15 states, our purpose is straightforward. Our mission is unwavering. Build and preserve the wealth of individuals, families, and institutional clients. For nearly 30 years our focused approach has served individuals and families, endowments, foundations, corporate and municipal retirement plans, and other institutional entities.
Within our Wealth Business Line we are seeking a financial planning professional in our Birmingham location with strong planning skills and an individual with highly developed interpersonal skills, strong self-awareness and someone that relates empathetically to people.
As part of our team, our financial planning professionals identify and deliver clients’ planning needs through a comprehensive approach to their total wealth and goals. Our planning professionals:
- Work collaboratively with other advisors on client relationships.
- Oversee and prepare client analysis including but not limited to; net worth statements, cash flow plans, estate summaries, insurance reviews, retirement analyses and tax planning.
- Facilitate client retention and relationship development.
- Assist in client acquisition and coordinate client onboarding.
- Mentor, develop and train planning associates.
- Actively participate and contribute to team projects for efficiency, productivity and client experience.
- Constantly continue professional development
- Four-year college degree – emphasis in a related major preferred
- Completed CFP® certification.
- Worked in a lead financial planning capacity for several years and has the technical capabilities to develop a written financial plan.
- Fee-only experience preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with industry-specific software is a plus (e.g., Naviplan, eMoney, Black Diamond, Junxure).
At Welch Hornsby our assets are our people. Part of our mission is to enrich not only the lives of our clients but also to enrich the lives of our employees and the world around us. This will be our commitment to you. Our culture and talented team earned us the top spot on the list of “Best Companies to Work for in Alabama” by Business Alabama Magazine in 2016. We are always seeking committed and talented people to align with our mission and to serve our clients well.
Please submit resumes (with cover letters) to email@example.com.
Apply For This Job